Wednesday, March 5, 2014

finally!

Life sure is crazy. I took a break from writing on my blog, and it's been so long now, I don't even remember the initial reason. I am so forgetful  that my family teases I have early onset dementia. HAHA. I know saying "I forgot" is the lamest phrase ever, but I promise that I am not lying. I am having an ADD moment and analyzing my sentence "I forgot" and just checked to see what the subject noun and verb was. I am doing Shurley English with Kylie and we are classifying sentences right now. =) So fun. I have realized that I love to learn, not just about things relating to my profession, but just about everything. I hope when all is said and done, my kids will have the same love for learning as I do. I do not sit still enough to watch movies or read novels, but if it's something that I can learn, then I will do it.  Everyday we make the kids read out loud to us the books they are reading just so we can make sure they aren't over their head and they actually know the words and what not… and today Kylie said, "hey mommy I think I will do my reading when Daddy gets home today." I said, "why is that???" and she said, "well, he told me that if I read to him and he falls asleep, that is a bonus and I will get 2 stars on my chart instead of 1!!!" I could not stop laughing.

I had my sisters kiddos today and we had a fun, but crazy day! Addie is 18 months and she calls me mommy. I love it.  She also says "STOP WYATT" really well!!!!! She is feisty as ever and you can tell she's had a big brother to drive her bonkers so far in life.
Wyatt decided to take a plunge into the creek in our backyard this morning. So he came up with Kylie crying to me and saying "Aunt Chelley, I am so cold!!! Am I in trouble????" He said he "fell" in which cracks me up. Such a boy thing to do. Unfortunately, Wyatt didn't have boy clothes at the house, so he was stuck wearing Katie's clothes and Kyndall's boots. He was so sweet about it, but when we got in the car to go home he took off everything but his shorts and said he could not WAIT to change. I ran around like a nut for a lot of the day tending to everyone's needs and I think I was grouchy for some of it, but now that I sit here in bed I realize that I am really thankful that we have days like this together.  I would like to think that these are the kinds they will remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS