Friday, October 5, 2012

Mom shame

I get asked a lot how I do it when Dave is gone. (Now trust me, I think it's pales in comparison to some of my sweet friends who have husbands overseas so trust me, I know it could be even longer! and I could be worried about his life daily.. ) 
So I thought for fun I would answer that!  I feel like I should be a little more transparent. Maybe it will help someone. I am just barely keeping my head above water! I think Kyndall has asked me for something at least 30 times since I sat down to write. Katie keeps crying that the open blister on her hand needs preparation H before bed and Kylie just came back from her room due to an enormous fit she just threw. UGH. Just pure craziness. The girls don't have clean laundry. Today they wore Matilda Jane clothes that were in my trunk from my shows this week. On Thursday I had to take a dirty uniform shirt out of the laundry and fluff  it so that she could wear it to preschool. The girls just said "mommy, we are so lucky you cooked us dinner tonight." (It was mac n cheese and it was 8:30). My house looks like it could be on an episode of hoarders. My yard needs cut, my hair needs to be highlighted, my bathrooms need to be cleaned, and I really need to go to the grocery store. You are probably wondering why I am sitting at the computer and not actually doing some of these things but it's a stress reliever to just sit down and write about the craziness. I just video taped Kyndall telling me that her and Katie decided to paint their nails in my bathroom while I was slaving over the mac n cheese. HAHA. Of course remover was spilt all over my bathroom and they cleaned it up with toilet paper. Now we are all 3 going to bed without baths today. We are going to watch Barbie movies in my bed and all sleep together and cross yet one more day off the calendar that we survived another day. I really wouldn't trade this for anything.. I have an amazing friend that I know would come over here right now and help me clean, and take my kids but honestly I am just OK with it like this. One day my house will be clean, and one day I will have time for hair dos and the gym.. till then I will just keep going. I seriously don't think there is one aspect of my life that I would change or subtract from it. Not even having a clean house. After all, I love when people come over to my house and tell me it's so comfortable. I'd rather have a house full of people and us having fun then be uptight about the laundry and the messes. Dave will be home soon enough and all of my shoes will be lined up perfectly in my closet. If you know him well, you know he is a cleaning maniac. We have a deal..whatever bothers me in the house, I take care of with a smile. Whatever bothers him, he takes care of with a smile =) and so far, it works. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I just read this again. Cracking up that I said we are all 3 going to bed together tonight. HAHA. There is actually 4 of us, no I didn't lose any today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I was actually wondering where the third child went! Lol. The only reason I didn't have frozen piazza or a microwave meal is because I splurged and got take out. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS